A few thoughts from my trip to New York City:
- Metropolis is not a good airplane magazine (it’s too big).
- I wish I had flown JetBlue (though I did get a super deal on Delta: $156 round trip – San Jose to Newark, NJ).
- New York needs to step up and ban smoking in all public places (like California has done).
- Lots of New Yorkers ride bikes, but none seem to wear helmets.
- H&M really is the IKEA of clothing.
- I love California, but there are a few things here that, compared to the New York version, completely suck ass, namely: bagels, pizza and public transportation (specifically the SF MUNI).
- Boutique hotels rock – it was absolutely worth the extra money for the great customer service and to avoid those people who think a pair of Oakley sunglasses makes you cool.
- SF could use more places (or even one) like Halcyon in Brooklyn.
I’ve got a bunch of pictures too, but I’m still working on getting them ready for the web.